A simple and delicious lunchtime treat. TASTY!
Other: Substituted tofu with mushrooms, as well as using soy sauce instead of fish sauce to keep it vegetarian.
- 60g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 250g rice vermicelli noodles
- 200g mushroom
- 3 tablespoons Asia at Home laksa paste
- 3 cups (750ml) Campbell’s Real Stock Vegetable
- 400ml can Ayam lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- Lime wedges, to serve
Gozleme is an incredibly simple meal to make. With just a few ingredients and not too time consuming, it is a great hands on meal to make.
I have based my gozleme off this source:
I mainly followed its use of ingredients and the ratio it used in making the dough. I added more spinach and onion as well as adding substantially more of the two different types of cheese.
Time: Under an hour, by how much depends on how quickly one can do the assembling.
Serving: This recipe makes 4 gozleme, but I think 5 or 6 gozleme is the way to go if serving 4 hungry people.
Tip: Be generous with the filling and it is essential that plenty of lemon is available!
- Sauté the onion in a frying pan with the extra virgin olive oil. Add the spinach and salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and keep aside to cool down.
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl and slowly add the water while kneading.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, or until it becomes smooth.
- Make it into a ball, cover it with a damp paper towel and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough in 4 with a knife and roll out each piece into a very thin sheet.
- Spread the cooked spinach in the middle of the rolled dough and top it with the feta and mozzarella.
- First fold the opposite sides to cover the filling and then fold the 3rd and 4th side to cover up the filling, just like a parcel (as shown in the picture).
- Heat up a non stick pan (I brushed a little oil on it) on medium heat and cook one side of the Gozleme on it until there are some brown spots on it. Then turn it over and cook the second side.